IES University Offers Ph.D. programs in various discipline. Admissions for Ph.D. programs are conducted twice a year, for December and June sessions. A Ph.D. program is offered in two modes- Full time and Part time and it is not valuable in a distance learning mode. Ph.D. Scholars are required to do
- Participation in various interactions (with guide/co-guide),
- Attending research seminars/workshops, and
- Submission of the progress reports etc. on regular basis.
The following is mandatory activities during the program.
- A Full-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate devoting full time for completing the requirements of the program and
- A part- time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate who is devoting a part of his time towards the pursuit of the program while discharging his official / employment obligations.
- Part time Candidates should ensure that they get adequate organisational help and support in research work.
- D. full time is for minimum 3 years and Ph.D. part time for minimum 4 ½ years.
- Maximum duration in case of both the modes is 6 years.
- IES University welcomes and encourages interdisciplinary research and exchange of ideas and knowledge in various related fields.
- Scholars are allowed to appoint a Co-Guide from outside IES University as per university rules. The main Guide for the scholar during the Ph.D. program will be from IES University, appointed as per the research topic and Guide availability.
- Ph.D. full time Scholars have the scope to work as research fellows in the various ongoing prestigious research projects in the university.
IESRF Fellowship amount per Month for (Engineering Technology/ Pharmacy /Agriculture/ Nursing/Management /Science Discipline/Biotechnology)
Name of University
Fellowship amount per Month
12,000/ to 20,000/ per month
Teaching Load assigned by Head of the Department
Note The IES University Research Fellows (IESRF) Scheme has been designed for improving the quality of research in various higher educational. With attractive fellowships, the scheme seeks to attract the best talent into research thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation. The candidates will be selected through University Fellowship Test (IESRF)
No of seats :
1. Engineering & Technology (10)
2. Pharmacy/Agriculture/ Nursing/Management /Science Discipline/Biotechnology (05 for each Department)
1. Admissions for the fellowship programme shall be based on the merit of overall marks obtained in the University Fellowship Test (IESRF) and personal interviews of the shortlisted candidates.
2. All Internal Full-Time scholars who have a valid GATE/ GPAT score card will get an additional fellowship of 10% Extra- per month.