“Pursue a career in Journalism and Mass Communication"
The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication offers undergraduate and post graduate courses. The university has well furnished computer labs, digital class rooms, software and library with more than 15000 volumes of text books and reference books with subscribed e-journals. The department is equipped with outstanding upgraded Mass media facilities, computer lab and Wi-Fi facility. The Department aims to create competent and innovative media and communication professionals who would be able to contribute in the development of communication for various utilities. The department has adequate facilities to support teaching, learning and research activities under the guidance of experienced and highly qualified faculty members.
To develop professionally and ethically sound and competent professionals, Researchers and experts in the world of Media and Communication Industry.
To provide excellence in teaching, research and academics to all. To build a foundation for lifelong learning.To prepare students as professionals and leadership roles at global level. To develop our students to interface with stakeholders to deliver professional performers that add to the financial, intellectual, environmental, ethical, cultural and social growth of the nation.
- To develop professional knowledge and leadership qualities.
- To develop the skills of students to enhance the career opportunity in first class learning environment.
- To produce professionally and ethically sounds minds in the field of Media and Communication at broader social context.
- To make aware our students regarding the quality in academic environment, leadership, written ethical codes and the importance of life-long learning.
Students will be skilled with:
- Professional Skill: To use their knowledge of Mass media and Communication to find out the solution of complex problems in development.
- Problem Analysis: To design solutions, after identifying, formulating and analyzing of complex problems in the area of mass communication and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern Techniques Usage: To create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and production tools for the development of Media industry.
- Media and Society: To apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional practices.
- Ethics and Sustainability: To implement and commit ethical principles, responsibilities and norms in media practices. To understand the impact of the professional need for sustainable development in information and entertainment Industries.
- Work and Communication: To work effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader of diverse teams to achieve a common goal. To communicate effectively on complex communication service activities with a range of professionals and the public.
- Project Management and Finance: To manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: To acknowledge the need to get engage in independent and life-long learning in the broad area of development communication and human resources.