“Pursue a Degree in Agricultural Sciences"
The Department of Agriculture Science, IES University Bhopal has introduced a four year B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture degree course. The course has an intake of 300 students. The course aims at meeting the requirements of emerging needs of agriculture in the country. Emphasis is laid on not only on imparting theoretical knowledge but also to train the candidates in practical aspects though extensive field work and visit to research institutions etc. The university has well equipped laboratories, lecture rooms, well stocked library with books, reference books and journals and access to e-journals etc. Department also has excellent farm facility to conduct agricultural experiments. The students get an opportunity to get in-depth knowledge about latest advances in the field of agriculture, disease resistant crops, insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers etc.
To be a center of excellence in teaching and research in the field of agriculture.
To develop Agricultural Professionals who are expert in the theoretical aspects as well as practical applications.
- To equip the candidates with in depth knowledge and extensive field experience.
- To make the agriculture-related subjects interesting through scientific and experimental evidence.
- To develop problem solving skills through practical applications and research.
- To Develop a connection between theory and practical solutions.
Students will be skilled with:
- Professional Skill: To use their knowledge of various branches of agriculture to find out the solution of complex problems in agro-development.
- Problem Analysis: To design solutions, after identifying, formulating and analyzing of complex problems in the area of agriculture having cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern Techniques Usage: To create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and production tools for the development of agriculture industry.
- Agriculture and society: To apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional practices in agriculture.
- Ethics and sustainability: To implement and commit ethical principles, responsibilities and norms in agricultural practices. To understand the impact of the professional need for sustainable development in Agro-Industries.
- Work and Communication: To work effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader of diverse teams to achieve a common goal. To communicate effectively on complex communication service activities with a range of professionals and the clients.
- Project management and finance: To manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: To acknowledge the need to get engage in independent and life-long learning in the broad area of agriculture and human resources.