The Department of Civil Engineering is a part of IES Institute of Technology and Management, a constituent unit under the IES University. The university has well furnished computer labs, digital class rooms, software and library with more than 15000 volumes of text books and reference books with subscribed e-journals. Department of Civil Engineering offers B. Tech. and M. Tech. (Structural Engineering) courses. The department has well qualified and competent faculties who are abreast with the latest technologies and development in the field. The department has state of art infrastructure and also has laboratories equipped with latest research facilities and equipment.
To excel in the field of civil engineering by developing an innovative mindset through effective teaching and learning process.
To provide appropriate facilities and environment for effective teaching and learning process. To ensure the availability of highly qualified faculty committed for developing competent students. To enhance the technical skills and practical approach through expert lectures, seminars/workshops, Site visits and Industry-Institute interactions. To prepare the students for professional career and higher studies by offering quality education in civil engineering.
- To prepare students for achieving excellence in their professional career.
- To develop professional, entrepreneurial skills and managerial capability.
- To develop innovative mindsets capable of taking up research and development activities.
Students will be skilled with:
- Engineering Knowledge: To use their knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and core engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems in civil engineering.
- Problem Analysis: To identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems in the field of civil engineering using principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: To use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions in area of civil engineering.
- Modern Tool Usage: To create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern civil engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: To apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice in civil domain.
- Ethics: To implement ethical principles, committing professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the engineering practices.
- Project management and finance: To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the civil engineering principles practically being a member and leader of a team.
- Life-long learning: To acknowledge the need to get engage in independent and life-long learning in the broad area of civil engineering.
Departments in Engineering and Technology4>